About Military Spouse Judy Davis – The Direction Diva
As a Motivational Speaker, Blogger, Military Life and Suicide Prevention expert. Judy Davis is a military spouse and author that loves sharing her life experiences and providing support to the military and small business communities. Judy believes being a military spouse is a privilege and her
Mission is simple:
To support, educate, inspire and motivate military families
“One Moment at a Time”
Judy understand the needs and challenges of our community and can provide the insight and expertise you are looking for. Whether you are a military spouse in need of direction or a company trying to understand and serve this community she can help.
Military Spouses START HERE
Companies/Organizations/Brands START HERE
Looking For A Speaker? START HERE
In addition to being a resource to the military community I work with companies, organizations and brands to develop effective strategies for connecting with and serving the unique needs of today’s service members, veterans and their families. I am the bridge to our community that companies look for and can provide support in the following ways:
- Brand Ambassador
- Content Creator
- Military Lifestyle Consultant
5 Things About Judy’s Experience You May Not Know
- We traded in our “corporate” life to become a military family and support my husband’s dream of serving as Active Duty in the US Army during wartime after his 19 year break in service.
- My love for speaking began over 10 years ago when I was a successful leader and trained a team of over 1200 consultants. (Yeppers, I earned the car 🙂 )
- I successfully juggle the daily demands of being a military spouse, mom, empty “nest”er, puppy owner, army wife, first time grandma and menopausal diva with owning and operating 2 businesses, serving an active online community, inspiring those who read my book RightSideUp and staying sane enough to write a blog.
- I have learned to create boundaries, deal with devastation, find balance and step up in a supportive role when faced with some of life’s biggest challenges and often share these true stories when I speak or write in hopes that my experiences will help someone else.
- I have been an Entrepreneur and empowerment specialist for over 18 years creating businesses that were both successful as well as one HUGE complete failure that led to financial ruin only to come back stronger and more resilient.
Take some time browse the site, and then connect with me in a way that works for you. My side bars are filled with great resources, and you will find links more T.I.P.s on my Facebook Fan Page and in the posts on my Blog .
In case you are wondering what my world is like here is a glimpse at some highlights and goings on!
Judy’s recent highlights:
- Recipient of the Dove Real Beauty Award (May 2016)
- Keynote Speaker at 3rd Annual Dove Real Beauty “Women of the Military” Luncheon (May 2016)
- Guest on the Bruce and Blanquita Show on NoBull Radio (April 2016) Listen
- Keynote Speaker at University of Michigan. Delivered Warning Signs: Are You or A Friend At Risk? hosted by Delta Gamma at their Ethics & Values Event (March 2016)
- Featured presenter at Oakland Schools for suicide prevention. (March 2016)
- Featured Speaker for Military Spouse Wellness Summit: Invest in Yourself (Oct 2015)
- Keynote Speaker at Camp Lejeune Wounded Warrior Family Programs (Oct 2015)
- Featured presenter at USAA DigitalMilEx (Sep 2015)
- Keynote Speaker at Texas Tech University Suicide Prevention Week Student Event “Are You or A Friend at Risk” (Sep 2015)
- Keynote Speaker at Texas Tech University Suicide Prevention Week Faculty Seminar “Warning Signs of a Student at Risk” (Sep 2015)
- Parenting Seminar at Vance AFB Is your teen at risk? (Aug 2015)
- Keynote Speaker at Vance AFB – Military Spouse Empowerment Event: Kevlar Couples: Bulletproof For A Happy Military Marriage” (Aug 2015)
- Guest Host for Army Wife Talk Radio (Aug 2015)
- Expert on Military Network Radio – Military teen suicide risk & prevention (Sep 2015)
- Guest on HFH Radio (June 2015)
- Guest on Military Network Radio (June 2015)
- Guest on Parent Nation Radio (March 2015)
- Guest on the Jim Bohannon Show Veterans Day 2014 (Nov 2014)
- Feature Article in Military Officer Magazine Nov 2014
- US News & World Report interview for Veterans Day 2014
- Invited Guest of the 2014 USAA Influencers Social Exchange
- Content provider for USAA community website
- Sept 1, 2014 – Release “Right Side Up: Find Your Way When Military Life Turns You Upside Down” via Elva Resa Publishing
- Oct 1, 2014 – Release of Stories Around The Table: Laughter, Wisdom & Strength in Military Life
- NexGen Milspouse Interview for Right Side Up Release
- Radio Guest Military Mom Talk Radio with Sandra Beck (Sept 2014 & Nov 2014)
- Featured Article in Stars & Stripes Right Side Up Takes Effort
- Panelist & Facilitator for MOAA 2014 Warrior Family Symposium (Sept 2014)
- Consultant for UC-Denver RAMP study
- Keynote speaker for Pikes Peak Christian Military Spouse Appreciation Day April 2014
- Honored as the 2013 & 2014 Fort Carson Military Spouse of the Year
- Guest/Consultant for SpouseLink Summit (Division of AAFMAA)
- Feature Story in Feb 2, 2014 Colorado Springs Gazette
- Radio Guest on Semper Feisty Radio February 2014
- Brand Ambassador to the military community for Verizon Wireless
- Spouse Retreat Keynote Speaker & Trainer for the 3/75 Ranger Regiment:Fort Benning GA Nov’ 2013
- Feature Columnist for Womens Edition Magazine COS : Nov ’13
- Voiceover for Radio Commercial created for TroopSwap in Colorado Springs CO. Listen to the ad for Troop Swap HERE
- Radio Guest Changing Direction w/Michele Rosenthal: , Military Kids: Ordinary Kids + Extraordinary Challenges on Rockstar Radio, Army Wife Talk Radio, Semper Fiesty Radio, Heart Filled Holidays Radio and more.
- Video Interview with Military Families Count: Addressing PTSD in the Military Family
- Feature story in Royal Oak Daily Tribune Feb 2013: Berkley Grad Up For Army Spouse of The Year
- Interview: Change is Coming for US Air Force 2013 Deployment publication for ameriforce.net
- Military Spouse Blogger for Milblogging.com
- Feature story on Military.com (Is Your Military Teen At Risk)
- Guest Blogger/Contributor for various military spouse blogs/newsletters including: NexGen Mil Spouses, MilSpouseBloggers.com, Rational-Optimism OneWorld, Spouselink.org/aafmaa.com, MachoSpouse, Military.com, SpouseBuzz, Hearts of Valor and more.
- Recognized as a 2012 Top 25 Military Moms Bloggers
- Awarded the “Top 50 Best Work At Home Blogs 2012”
- Smart Money Magazine March 2012
Speaker/Trainer for Loving Through It (Deployment support seminar)
Panel Expert for Michigan Women’s Marketplace
Michigan Womens Forum Panelist
Guest on the Dr. Laura Berman Show on Oprah Radio – Topic: Being a military spouse
I’m honored to be in your space and on your radar and I look forward to supporting you on your journey!